Allianz Australia is one of Australia’s largest General Insurers offering the full range of insurance and risk management products and services across all distribution channels. The Company is an important member of the Allianz SE Group , helping to protect over 3 million Australians.
At Allianz we value high performance. We recognise the contribution of our employees and reward our staff with a dedicated range of attractive benefits. Allianz values a diverse work force where employees can progress and develop their career. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from diverse backgrounds, and get the support you need to have an enriching career and contribute to our success.
Allianz is proud of its record in diversity, inclusion and corporate & social responsibility which has resulted in receiving the prestigious Australian Human Rights Award in recognition of our commitment to supporting refugee employment and education through our ongoing partnership with Settlement Services International.
This critical role offers a unique opportunity to secure a senior leadership role in the Allianz Australia business. Reporting to the CFO, and contributing as a member of the Finance Senior Management Team, you will engage closely with senior internal and external stakeholders, providing assurance on all aspects of statutory and capital requirements. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with the business to support new and ongoing initiatives and provide strategic input.
As Chief Actuary and Appointed Actuary you will:
- lead the actuarial community within the company and have a central role in most aspects of the business.
- be responsible for all actuarial valuations of insurance liabilities;
- be responsible for issuing the company’s annual Financial Condition Report;
- be responsible for all aspects of Capital management, principally through our Internal Capital Model (the only Internal Model approved for use in Australia).
- be responsible for Solvency II inputs to Allianz Group;
- oversee the implementation of IFRS 17, which will involve substantial expansion of your team’s resources and capabilities.
You will be responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders including the Australian Regulatory body APRA, The Board of Directors, The Senior Management Team, Allianz Group Actuarial, Allianz Group Risk and your colleagues across the business.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Proven leadership skills in a large, complex organisational environment, including the ability to support business outcomes and strategic direction, as well as develop employees to build capability and engagement across the team
- Ability to liaise, advise, influence and engage with all stakeholders including external partners, senior management and the Board, demonstrating highly developed verbal, written, presentation & persuasion skills
- Ability to identify and respond to emerging issues, including demonstrating superior judgment in decision making and prioritisation
- Ability to build strong partnerships and establish networks within the Insurance community
- In-depth knowledge of Insurance Liability valuations and FCR requirements with proven capital and risk management knowledge and expertise
- The necessary Actuarial qualifications with extensive experience in a senior general insurance actuarial role.
This is a key role for Allianz Australia and we are encouraging applications globally. Allianz Australia can provide relocation support to secure the right candidate.
Specialist actuarial recruiter SKL Executive has been engaged to manage the recruitment process. Contact John Killick on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 408 313 575 to arrange a confidential discussion.
Apply for Chief Actuary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly