Director, Deputy Head of Actuarial Reporting
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified Life Actuary to move into a formal staff management positon, with responsibility for overseeing the hands-on work of the Corporate Actuarial team on a day to day basis.
As the Deputy Head of Actuarial Reporting, this role will be involved in Pacific Life Re’s financial reporting in respect of the Asian portion of the company’s in-force business. This includes the reporting of results based on US GAAP, MAS and Solvency II bases.
As a senior member of the team, the position will support the Head of Actuarial Reporting; managing more junior members of the team as well as presenting information to internal stakeholders and senior management as required.
Duties of the role:
- Quarterly US GAAP, MAS and Solvency II valuations for specific blocks of reinsurance business, including analysis, communication of results and controls
- Overview of, and participation in, the implementation of new treaties within Corporate Actuarial
- Participation in the annual Business Planning exercise
- Management information reporting, including tracking of NB volumes and treaty reviews
- Providing support for the following activities:
- Managing the control environment and ensuring that all controls are operated as expected.
- Ensuring new treaties are incorporated correctly into all actuarial processes.
- Ensuring the continual development and improvement of the actuarial reporting processes.
- Coordinating the calculation of quarterly US GAAP balances to the required standard and to agreed timescales, including analysis of results for all lines of business
- Providing the financial projections and scenario analyses required for the annual Plan process and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Liaising with internal and external auditors as required.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Actuary (FIA or SOA) with at least four years’ PQE
- A minimum of 12 years’ total experience of working in the Life (Re)insurance industry, with a minimum of two years’ in a Valuation/Corporate Actuarial role
- Applicants will ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge of at least two of:
- US GAAP, MAS and Solvency II regulations
- Experience with systems including Access, Excel, MoSes or Prophet
- Strong analytical, communication and presentational skills
- Excellent understanding of actuarial/ financial reporting process design and maintenance
- Ability to communicate with Senior Management and business customers at all levels
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with non-standard and often unstructured requests, at short notice