Head of Shareholder Balance Sheet Management
Role Title: Head of Shareholder Balance Sheet Management
Management Level: Manager
Location: Stirling, Scotland or Paddington, London
Travel Requirement: Occasional to UK sites
Recruiter: Stephen Fox
Working with Prudential as Head of Shareholder Capital Management means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Prudential we’re absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products.
Finance Management plays a crucial role, understanding the drivers of financial performance, and using this insight to inform key business decisions.
As technical leader, the Head of Shareholder Balance Sheet Management will lead the management of the balance sheet for PAC’s shareholder-backed business in order to maintain appropriate financial strength and drive the capital management agenda. He or she will ensure that there is a holistic view of the company’s financial position, focusing on the management of our financial resources and the framework for asset liability management to deliver business objectives, and ensure the ongoing financial well-being of the fund
The role-holder will be expected to be proactive, forward thinking and strategic, and work in an influential and collaborative manner right across the business.
- Experience of coaching and guiding others in using advanced actuarial principles and methodologies (relevant to life insurance) to solve complex or unique problems and in ambiguous or unique situations
- Experience of using knowledge of the external environment to shape thinking internally
- Experience of presenting to and influencing Executive Committees and Boards
- Experience of communicating vision to gain support, motivate others, and build a sense of shared purpose
- Experience of balancing the needs of the Policyholder and the Shareholder, being commercial as well as treating the customer fairly
- Experience of leading actuarial programs where new methodologies, frameworks and concepts are created
- Experience of challenging the commercial implications of decisions
- Experience of acting as a trusted advisor to the business, utilising subject matter expertise to interpret complex recommendations
- Significant experience of delivering advanced financial findings and results to an audience with varying degrees of sophistication
- Experience of identifying and anticipating potential concerns for key stakeholders and using multiple strategies and methods to gain support for change
- Experience of capital and balance sheet management from a holistic perspective
- Experience of using actuarial principles and tools to highlight areas for improvement
- Understanding of the what drives the movement of Prudential's key reporting metrics
- Knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Knowledge of capital management techniques e.g. reinsurance, securitisation
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, including expert level knowledge relating to Solvency I and Solvency II/Economic Capital
- Ability to balance technical excellence and commerciality when exercising judgement
- Qualified Actuary
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.