Qualified Pensions Signatory Actuary - Belfast
Oliver James Associates are representing a globally respected consultancy practice in their focus to appoint a Qualified Pensions Signatory Actuary to be based in their Belfast office.
Oliver James Associates are representing a globally respected consultancy practice in their focus to appoint a Qualified Pensions Signatory Actuary to be based in their Belfast office. This is an excellent time to join our successful and growing client.
In this role your key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of an integrated funding and investment team to act as Signatory Actuary on a number of clients and developing/maintaining good working relationships with allocated client contacts.
- Support Corporate or Scheme Actuaries on some clients working as lead consultant on the delivery of strategic and day to day consulting advice
- Regularly attending and participating in client meetings
- Preparing advice on company accounting projects; liaising with other professional advisors and client corporate finance team contacts, where applicable
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis to ensure they are kept appraised of all relevant developments and ensuring client work is completed in a timely manner
- Assisting the business to provide an excellent level of products and services as well as contributing towards the generation of new business by structured contributions to proposals
- Working alongside junior/senior colleagues and with key stakeholders from other businesses
- Delegating work to more junior colleagues; acting as a mentor to, and helping develop junior colleagues.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified Actuary with:
- Scheme Actuary Practising Certificate preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience in a similar role and industry
- An extensive understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate with the ability to interpret rules and awareness of what they mean for client work
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1)
- Excellent planning and organisational ability in order to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines
- Good analytical skills and ability to work through tasks in a logical manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
Our client offers an excellent work life balance, defined and clear career growth and a above market average package and benefits scheme, all this combined with a strong, collaborative working environment.
For more information, please send your CV to the below address.
Please note this position is open to UK and European Nationals only.