Solvency II Documentation Specialist/Capital Modelling Actuary
My client, a West London based insurer, has a senior opening for an experienced Actuary with excellent knowledge of Solvency II documentation and capital modelling. This role reports directly into the Director of Actuarial and offers flexible/remote working as well as an attractive package.
- The implementation and development of a robust technical capital model framework as well as the evolution and maintenance of technical model documentation across all risk types.
- Peer review and challenging of the capital model design, methodology, calibration and outputs.
- Ensure technical documentation standards are consistently applied across the business.
- Review, distil and appropriately implement relevant regulatory guidance.
- Be aware of and make appropriate recommendations in relation to emerging risks.
- Develop and main the core technical capital model and cold weather documentation in line with Solvency II requirements.
- Formalise, evolve and lead the implementation of robust technical documentation standards including the development of an in house guide in respect of all appropriate policies.
- Developing a structured approach to the on-going review and dissemination of the above.
- In depth knowledge of Solvency II documentation.
- The ability to deliver technical reports and complex documentation in a clear and concise manner.
- A strong understanding of capital modelling techniques and principles.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Qualified or nearly qualified Actuary.
- Delivery focussed with the ability to drive projects.
This role offers a salary of up to £100,000 depending on experience. Flexible and remote working is feasible for this position in line with business requirements.