An interesting opportunity has arisen with the Lloyds Market with a successful syndicate partnership. The position allows for exposure to a wide variety of products and would be an ideal role for the successful candidate to develop their career and build upon their existing experience. Ideally you will have commercial lines/Lloyds Market experience however the position would suit a candidate with strong personal lines experience looking to move into the commercial space.
- Support the enhancement and embedding of rating models, tools and rate relativities across the business.
- Working with the underwriting teams to understand the workflow, data capture and rating approaches being used to embed robust data-driven pricing approaches.
- Development and implementation of appropriate quantitative metrics including management information, portfolio analytics and profitability analysis.
- Support the enhancement of the internal rate monitoring and price adequacy reporting processes.
- Support large account pricing for all lines of business and regions
- Carry out other aspects of the pricing and underwriting control cycle as required.
- Work with senior members of the Actuarial team in preparing Committee papers and business presentations.
- Prepare and present business and management updates and training.
- Assist in providing actuarial input and modelling to the reinsurance purchasing process as required.
- The ability to oversee and guide large technical modelling projects from both a delivery and planning perspective.
- A good standard of commercial awareness and an understanding of general insurance workflow, metrics and business performance.
- A flexible and adaptable mind-set – able to adapt models, processes and approaches to both standard and specialised products.
- Strong data manipulation skills, able to combine data from multiple sources.
- A willingness and ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and the confidence to present to and deal with senior management/stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills are an absolute requirement and experience in the following systems would be beneficial: Rulebook, @Risk, ResQ, R, Python, XML, SQL, VBA, Tableau, Alteryx. Experience in predictive analytics is highly desirable.
- FIA or making strong progress through the actuarial exams.
Salary up to £80,000 + bonus + benefits.