My client is looking for an ambitious part qualified actuary with strong communication and technical actuarial skills. The role holder will be a member of the Central Actuarial team within the Central Finance & Governance Department in the City.
The role will support the more senior team members to deliver key outcomes:
- Efficient and compliant actuarial modelling processes are in place and embedded
- The Board and Executive are provided with actuarial analysis and insight to support business steering and transaction assessment
You will also be required to:
- Assist in the actuarial analysis for the purposes of reporting technical provisions and risk based capital requirements, stress and scenario testing and the assessment of pricing and reinsurance adequacy.
- Assist in the statistical analysis for the purposes of monitoring appropriateness of premium risk capital modelling and undertaking-specific parameter calculations.
- Assist in the delivery of the actuarial content for reports to the Executive, Board and the regulators (e.g. Actuarial Function Report, ORSA Report, SFCR, RSR, QRTs). This will entail working alongside other teams and local actuarial teams.
- Provide actuarial analysis to support the implementation of initiatives to accelerate revenue growth and optimise their risk profile (e.g. internal and external reinsurance optimisation, M&A activities).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Part qualified – Completion of CT exams
- Actuarial modelling skills and ability to use statistical analytics software (e.g. SAS, R)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience within general and/or life & health insurance preferred
- Actuarial pricing, capital modelling and/or reserving experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience in the preparation of presentations and technical papers
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, managing conflicting tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous situations whilst delivering high quality results
- Good understanding of financial controls, spreadsheets controls, validation and importance of data integrity
- Good understanding of prudential regulatory requirements to understand the implications on actuarial models and reporting