Product & Pricing Actuary
Product & Pricing Actuary at Zego
Zego is a new kind of insurance for people who decide how, where and when they work. A VC backed start-up offering forward-thinking insurance for a modern workforce.
Join our rapidly growing team in Shoreditch and bring the expertise we need to expand our business globally. This is a unique opportunity for an actuary to work at the heart of a truly innovative startup, helping shape its growth and profitability.
- Throw out the rule book to price innovative insurance products (e.g PAYG Motor), determining the launch prices and strategy for new products in the UK and European markets.
- Apply more traditional actuarial techniques (reserving and pricing) to assess the performance and rate adequacy of our existing products
- Create industry-leading management information with our unique data
- Shape the thinking of how telematics and data science is utilised within the business
- Carry out more general business analysis, building strong relationships across the company and helping embed a data-driven culture
- Self-starting, proactive & creative. Willing to leave traditional techniques behind whilst maintaining analytical rigour.
- Several years’ experience in a pricing or similar actuarial role. Experience in Motor is beneficial.
- Excellent technical skills; experience in SQL and/or Python is helpful. A strong mathematical and analytical background with great attention to detail.
- Great communication skills, able to build strong relationships across teams
- Experience or knowledge of 1 or more of the following markets is a bonus: France, Spain, Germany, Italy
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- Vibrant, open-plan office location in Shoreditch
- Collaborative and open-minded environment
- Weekly office perks - breakfast, yoga, squash, board game nights
- Free snacks and refreshments
- Monthly team socials
- Opportunity to work internationally
- Competitive package including equity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.