Actuarial Graduate Programme
Job title: Actuarial Graduate Programme
Contract: Permanent – Positions starting in both January and September 2018
Our capital actuarial team focuses on the actuarial aspects of Rothesay's solvency position and financial results. Candidates would be expected to study for the IFoA qualification with an expected specialism in life insurance. When you join us your work will be highly varied, involving all aspects of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic capital and MCEV reporting and development. You will need to be able to balance teamwork and competition, intensity and integrity, intellectual curiosity and leadership potential with a passion for excellence and an interest in the financial markets.
Our graduate roles will see you working with support from thought-leaders in the industry and excellent on-the-job training supplemented with class-based business training where best applied. We are a company of exceptional calibre, with a client portfolio and shareholder base to match. We believe strongly in our meritocracy where success and achievement are rewarded. We will regularly discuss your career aspirations with you and together decide on the best way forward for you and your career. In addition, we will offer full study package support for your professional study.
Skills & Experience:
- We recruit from all academic disciplines; although a high degree of numeracy is required.
- Impeccable academic credentials are essential. You must have an expected degree minimum of a 1st or equivalent from a leading university.
- Internships & work experience in the financial services is highly desired but not essential.
- You will need to demonstrate a clear interest and intellectual curiosity in the financial markets and an interest in applying your knowledge and skills to the pension insurance market.
- You must be available for permanent work within 2 months of your graduation in 2018.
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite.
How to Apply:
- You will need a 1 page CV and a 1 page cover letter (PDF format) that states in 300 words or less, why you want to work for Rothesay Life, why we should consider you and why you believe the match between yourself and our Company is a good one.
- Please apply via the link on our website – www.rothesaylife.com/careers/opportunities - ensuring your documents are in PDF format.
- Applications will be accepted until November 30th 2017. Telephone interviews and onsite interviews will be held in December – If you are unavailable in December for any reason, please highlight this in your cover letter.
Please apply via the attached link, ensuring your documents are named and in PDF format.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.