Our client is currently looking for a Deputy Reserving Actuary based in the City of London. Ideally you will have had experience with a Lloyds Managing Agency. Role Summary as below:
· Perform the calculation of GAAP reserves for the managed syndicate(s) every quarter.
- Perform the calculation of Solvency II Technical Provisions for the managed syndicate(s) every quarter.
- Provide support to the Finance function to ensure the timely completion and submission of regulatory returns.
- Make process improvements to improve efficiency within the reserving process.
- Contribute to the regular update of the reserving policies and procedures and Actuarial Function Report.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc investigations to produce MI from the data available to provide insight to other functions within the business.
- Attend monthly claims meetings to keep abreast with uncertainties affecting the reserves of the syndicate(s).
- Assist in the parameterisation and validation of the Internal Model, including, but not limited to, the reserving risk component.