Interim Validation Actuary
Fairbank Partners are working with a leading life insurer based in the Midlands, in the search for a Interim Validation Actuary.
- Assist the team’s production of the annual Stress and Scenario Testing exercise for the ORSA. This will include defining the stresses and calibrations to run, agreeing deliverables with external stakeholders and assisting in authoring this section of the ORSA.
- Assist the team in its role of validating the company’s Solvency II Partial Internal Model. This will include providing opinion and review of the technical documents driving the model’s design, reviewing approaches to the calculation of stressed balance sheets, and coordinating the different views of other Risk Management functions.
- Perform regular risk reviews as they arise within the Risk Assurance Plan
- Validate the business’s compliance with the Use Test requirements of the Solvency II Partial Internal Model
- To provide risk input in to projects as they arise, including merger and acquisition activity
- Collaborate with other Risk functions to enable reviews of investment strategy
The ideal candidate will have;
- A good understanding of life insurance modelling and projection techniques
- Prepared to speak up on issues and coordinate solutions amongst different stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex Actuarial and Statistical concepts in non-technical terms
- Flexibility to work in an environment which must respond to changes in the business’s needs.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Tom Moore at Fairbank Partners on 0203 869 2000. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.