Interim DB Actuary 3 or 6 months
Fairbank Partners is working with a leading life insurer on an exciting opportunity for a DB Pricing Actuary to join the team on an interim basis.
The purpose of this role is to undertake the pricing and actuarial input required to support the delivery of the DB business plan.
The role holder will have experience of the DB de-risking market, in particular DB schemes benefit structures, and some knowledge of the commercial and technical aspects of buy-in/buyout transactions.
- Delivery of new business quotations. This includes: modelling of scheme benefits, proposal of scheme specific assumptions where required, production of all scheme specific KPI’s including metric for profit and capital, additional analysis and support as required, drafting and review of quotation documentation.
- Communicating with consulting actuaries, administrators and trustees as required.
- Input into pricing proposal, in particular the actuarial aspects for consideration.
- Drafting of pricing proposals and documentation of decisions.
- Commercial and actuarial support to contract negotiation.
- Doing/checking and reviewing other team member’s work.
- Support of transition of schemes from transaction to BAU, includes; production and reconciliation of all post sale quotations as required, support to data cleanse.
- Maintenance and running of data cleansing tools.
- Delivery of all in force member quotations. Maintenance of systems and basis for member quotation delivery.
- Maintenance of pricing DB basis and processes, and input into reviews as required. Adherence to pricing governance
- Support to Pricing and other systems development as required.
- Maths based degree.
- Qualified Actuary or equivalent experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent IT skills especially with spreadsheets.
- An understanding of the Defined Benefit market and DB benefit structures.
- An understanding of Life Company annuity products and pricing is desirable.
- An understanding of actuarial mathematical techniques.
To discuss this role further, or to discuss your career options, please submit your CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 0203 869 2000. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.