Actuarial Analyst - Trainee Actuary
My client is an established life, pensions and investment organisation who are looking to hire an Actuarial Analyst for their team based in Dublin. The role will involve working as a Trainee Actuary to understand, analyse and make recommendations on the work carried out in the actuarial department; to ensure the financial soundness and integrity of the department’s output, its processes and systems and to devise and implement improvements to current methodologies.
The role of Actuarial Analyst will include but not be limited to the following:
- To carry out calculations and investigations of the following:
Financial Reporting, Preparation of Actuarial Valuation Reports for Defined Benefit schemes, Embedded Value reporting, Analysing the results and making recommendations on the output of the department, Formulating general/specific advice relating to the operation of Defined Benefit Schemes, Analyse requirements and assist in the design and development of appropriate computer system solutions, Organise and co-ordinate the completion of acceptance test plans with the assistance of appropriate business and systems users.
- To review the calculations and investigations in relation to:
Asset Shares and Maturity Values, Statutory Reserves and Statutory Returns, Experience investigations, Pricing & Profit-testing, Market analysis, Contribution Rates, Funding Levels and Transfer Values for Defined Benefit schemes, PROPHET development
- To present the results of calculations and investigations in a draft format as directed.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of the Company’s products (both current and discontinued), systems, processes and procedures, and to make use of and develop relevant Information Technology skills in order to carry out the work of the department.
- Check the work produced by other members of the department and help to train staff, both junior and peers, of the department.
Candidates for this role should be an experienced trainee or part qualified actuary. You should have 2+ years of experience working with Solvency II and strong Prophet skills. You should also have excellent communication skills. This role includes full study support for the actuarial exams.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Conall Harding at Raretec Recruitment Ltd on 015311400 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org