Cat Risk Analyst
Bermudian based Reinsurer with an ILS feel to them are looking for a Cat Risk Analyst in their London office.
The Risk Analyst will provide support to the Actuarial team, be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Analysts with the reinsurance deal pricing process, assist with accumulation reporting and portfolio roll up, and complete ad hoc projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data analytics and price catastrophe reinsurance loss contracts using a combination of CAT modelling results and cedant historical experience
- Explain CAT modeling concepts and results to underwriters to inform decision making
- Evaluate cedant exposure data and highlight inconsistencies in exposure information
- Assist with the composition of retro submission packs under the direction of underwriters
- Work with underwriters and IT to ensure that analysis and reporting methodologies are constantly evolving and adapting to new technologies and market conditions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Science or Economics
- Strong academic background and mathematical acumen
- 1 to 2 years’ experience running catastrophe models, preferably AIR Touchstone and Catrader
- Knowledge across multiple lines of business
- Strong Excel skills including VBA; SQL knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of DFA models like Remetrica, Metarisk or other models a plus
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritise own work against needs of business
- Must be a strong critical thinker who can interrogate the data to ensure it makes sense and provide challenge when required
- Must be able to self-lead and work effectively both independently and with teams