Group Risk Actuary
A leading GI Personal Lines Insurer is looking for a Group Risk Actuary based in their Head Office.
- support the business in its desire to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks across the business.
- work closely with senior management and our Finance team to review all aspects of risk management.
- support the Internal Model Application Process during 2017.
- support the Risk Appetite process, proposing appropriate Early Warning Indicators (or Key Risk Indicators), Triggers and Limits and reporting mechanisms to the relevant committees and/or Boards.
- support the stress and scenario testing for the Group and input to the wider ORSA process including production of the annual ORSA report for Board approval.
- support the development and production of the Actuarial Function Reports.
- support the business with Risk and Capital Assessments for new products, businesses and propositions.
- report to the Head of Enterprise Risk Management working within the Group Risk Function.
To be considered you will ideally have/be:
- Evidence of working with the UK regulator on stress and scenario testing, ICA, or similar regulatory submissions
- Good knowledge of Solvency II regulations
- Able to build open relationships and gain consensus with all internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as leading a team
- Able to multi-task contracts and projects, work under pressure and lead large complex projects
- Objective, timely and confident decision making skills
- Attention to detail, with an analytical mindset
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Commercially minded
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or actuary with ACCA / FIA status respectively (or equivalent risk qualifications)