Lloyd's Pricing Analyst
The leading Bermudan Insurer in London seeks a Pricing Analyst for their International division. This division constitutes nearly a 1/3 of the income, so is a significant part of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities.
Case Pricing and Portfolio Analytics
• Analyse large and unusual risks and communicate conclusions to underwriters
• Provide support to underwriters with the use of and understanding the output from pricing tools used for individual account pricing
• Work closely with underwriters and cat modelling to interrogate and improve modelled cat losses for individual accounts
• Apply pricing algorithms to market facilities and provide insight into desirable segments of the market
Business Planning and Portfolio Optimisation
• Develop gross loss ratio assumptions for Lloyds and internal business planning
• Work with Risk Function and underwriting to inform outwards reinsurance assumptions in the business plan and contribute to design and assessment of outwards reinsurance programs
• Work with Risk Function to improve parameterisation and methodology used in capital model
• Develop portfolio models to help underwriters optimise their portfolios for achieving return on risk targets
• Develop and improve pricing tools, processes and reports with an emphasis on improving technical and commercial credibility, efficiency and user experience
• Review and challenge rate change assumptions from underwriters
• Work closely with underwriters and cat modelling to improve the capture and modelling of exposures
• Develop tools for monitoring exposures at the point of sale
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• University degree with excellent grades in a relevant subject e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Actuarial Science.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a General Insurance actuarial role; consultancy or company.
• Self-starter, proactive and a quick learner with strong numeracy skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to establish credibility with senior underwriters, business unit leaders and divisional leadership.
• Programming skills in automation, database management and statistical packages will be a strong advantage.