Data Analytics Manager
Data Analytics Manager sought for an established General Insurer based in Surrey. The successful candidate will manage a dedicated, centralised Data and Management Information Team whose function is to provide all data and management information requests internally and externally with robust processes and auditable controls in place.
The successful candidate will be required to take a strategic approach to the use of data, by building and maintaining a range of internal relationships within the organisation, including but not limited to the Executive Team, Pricing, Actuarial, Claims and Finance Teams.
This is a high profile role in a fast paced environment, which reports in to one of the companies most senior stakeholders, as such strong communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of data processing tools and techniques, such as SAS, SQL and R
- Knowledge and understanding of data visualisation tools and techniques, e.g. SAS Visual Analytics and Micro Strategy
- Understand the data / reporting needs of multiple stakeholders and deliver data which meets their requirements
- Have the creative ability and knowledge to generate ideas and implement market leading data processing
- Exercising sound judgement and decision making, and able to influence key decision makers
- Proven project management skills; good personal organisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of how the insurance industry operates: form a business performance perspective, a data perspective and the terminology associated with this sector
- Coaching and mentoring skills to help the team develop and deliver
- Proven experience of working with non-data personnel across business functions; able to facilitate understanding and awareness of MI and data requirements
- Previous experience of introducing new Data/MI tools into a business or function
- Demonstrating excellent presentation skills in a one-to-one or group setting across all levels within an organisation
- Ability to analyse the causes of data issues and advise the team on solutions to address data issues and manage internal stakeholders
- £45,000 to £70,000 pa DOE
- Flexible benefits
For further information please apply with your CV, or contact Sam Oultram.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.