4 - 5 years Post Qual Non-Life Actuary Manager
Oliver James Associates are currently representing a global Non-Life Insurer in their focus to appoint a 4 to 5 years plus, post qualification Non-Life Actuary. The successful candidate operating as a senior manager will head up a team of eight qualified actuaries, supported by four part qualified.
You will have the opportunity to operate providing guidance and support to the wider global function across Ireland, UK and EMEA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and deliver a wide range of both core actuarial assignments and multidisciplinary assignments in wider fields
- Lead and manage staff effectively in order to ensure the highest quality of and timely delivery of engagements
- Take an active role in supporting the strategic management of the overall team
- Deliver core reports to the board on current pricing, reserving and product development programs
Key attributes include:
- 5 years post-qualified experience in the non-life insurance
- Ability to communicate our analysis to our clients in plain English
- Develop junior staff, including technical training and performance management
- Excellent IT/software/programming skills
- Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills, ideally at least one specialist area of experience
- Strong project and financial management skills with the ability to deliver to budget and within timescales
- Be self-motivated and take responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skill
Our client are extremely focused on internal development of their team, they are open to qualified relocating candidates.
Should the above position be of interest, please send your CV to the below E-mail address.