Principal Actuarial Analyst
We are looking for someone who is technically strong with past experience within a Reserving function from a General Insurance background and also comfortable dealing with stakeholders and managing relationships at differing levels.
You will provide data, analytical support and recommendations by the timely and accurate provision of data records and insightful analysis to inform Reserving, Forecasting, Monitoring and associated Business decision making. You will also review work and provide guidance and feedback to less experienced Analysts within the team, taking on a mentoring role to ensure knowledge is constantly shared.
- Plan, manage and deliver specific broad and/or complex tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights and recommendations; lead specialised investigations, produce reports and contribute to the delivery of presentations to internal stakeholders; identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to this role, in line with the company risk framework.
- Research and build models for specific tasks for reserving or for other uses, ensuring that these use appropriate techniques and data and are effective, efficient, high quality, documented and verifiable.
- Carry out reviews and consideration of the outcome of the specific analysis prepared by Analysts; propose reasoned and viable outcomes/results to Category managers.
- Identify and present areas where improvements may be made enabling tasks to be completed in a more efficient manner; demonstrate awareness of the teams' requirements to continuously improve modelling and data processes.
- Communicate effectively, to peers and team managers across the group, the impact of all work undertaken, particularly in identifying model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions.
- Manage the performance and development of Analysts; review work, considering the outcome of the specific task; provide feedback and create opportunities for learning in day to day activities.
- Develop knowledge of all Actuarial systems & processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant professional issues which impact a particular area of practice; develop yourself in order to maximise your personal contribution to the job.
- Maintain awareness of, and comply on an ongoing basis, with the requirements of relevant professional/legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks.
Skills we are looking for
- Qualified or nearly qualified Actuary
- General Insurance reserving experience with solid knowledge of reserving methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communicator with an ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Commercial acumen