Associate Pensions Actuarial Consultant
Are you a confident individual with excellent communication skills who has 3 to 5 years’ experience and strong technical knowledge of UK pensions? If so, then this is the ideal opportunity to fast track your career.
As an Associate Consultant joining the pensions actuarial department you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a variety of clients, some trustee and some corporate, for a range of scheme types and sizes.
- To manage and delegate work efficiently and to take responsibility to ensure work is done on time.
- To review work done by other staff. This will include a review of the general principles and a check of the results for overall reasonableness, including:
- Actuarial valuations for funding purposes and solvency testing and buy-in analysis; Individual member calculations;
- Actuarial factors, eg for transfer values, cash commutation and early retirements;
- Preparing cash flows for use in asset-liability models;
- Estimating Pension Protection Fund levies and calculating Actuarial
- Certificates of Deficit Reduction Contributions;
- Accounting figures and disclosures under FRS17 and IAS19.
- Carry out more challenging calculation work, such as approximate valuations and analyses of surplus.
- Use the firm's valuation system and modelling tools efficiently, and guiding others in doing so.
- Draft straightforward reports and other advice to a standard where they are ready to be sent out.
- Liaise with junior client contacts, pensions administrators and other advisers on a day-to-day basis.
- Present internal training sessions for junior actuarial staff from time to time.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation and professional guidance.
- You will typically have 3 to 5 years’ experience in pension’s consultancy and be making good progress with actuarial exams.
- Have strong technical knowledge of UK pensions.
- Have a confident attitude and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, partners, contacts and clients.
- Have good presentational and written communication skills.
- Have the ability and skillset to obtain the respect of junior staff and the confidence of partners.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in all aspects of work.
- Be capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Be committed to delivering high quality work to clients and developing your career.
This firm has well-recognised industry experts, and are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff to join the ever-growing partnership.
For further details, please click "Apply Now" or email your CV to: email@example.com
For an initial informal discussion, feel free to call Parvinder on 01689 862937.