Who We Are
SiriusPoint is a global underwriter of insurance and reinsurance. We utilize deep risk capabilities to protect our customers and provide intelligent risk solutions to clients and brokers around the world. Bermuda-headquartered and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (SPNT), we work as ‘One SiriusPoint’, to apply expertise and underwrite risks across our four operational areas - International Insurance, North American Insurance, Global Accident and Health, and Global Reinsurance.
We underwrite from Bermuda, Liege, London, New York, Stockholm, Toronto and Zurich, and have licenses to write Property & Casualty and Accident & Health insurance and reinsurance globally.
Join Our Team
SiriusPoint International is looking for an ambitious, business minded, performance focused Senior Reserving Actuary and Reserving Actuary to carry out reserving activities for SiriusPoint International. The positions will be open for location in London or Stockholm.
You will perform reporting and analysis of reserves in relation to our regulatory, operational and financial reviews, which include Solvency II, as well as communication of results and reserves to our global teams. The work tasks are challenging and rewarding, and excellent business understanding is key for success. We work closely with colleagues in many parts of the world in different projects to improve process efficiency and transparency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and management as part of an international reserving team with actuaries in London, Stockholm, New York, Bermuda (only applicable for Senior Reserving Actuary)
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in other departments, including underwriting, finance, risk and IT, on strategic cross-functional projects.
- Help to design, improve, and transform reserving and business processes.
- Perform reserve, cash flow, and sensitivity analysis for our business processes (including Solvency II technical provisions).
- Improve, develop, test, and implement actuarial methods for reserve analysis, cash flow calculations, and volatility estimation.
- Perform profitability and risk analysis for various business purposes.
- Presenting the results of the actuarial reserve setting process to management.
- Use and improve our current processes for reporting to our finance team, management, capital modellers, as well as auditors and regulators.
- Liaising with pricing actuaries, exposure management, claims management and underwriters to ensure reserving Management Information (MI) is kept up-to-date.
- Improve transparency and efficiency in the team’s reporting and communication processes.
- Any other duties as reasonable required.
- To perform all duties in line with the FCA Individual Conduct Rules (UK employees only).
Your skills and abilities should include:
- Excellent academic record and degree level qualification. Qualified actuary by a recognised professional actuarial society.
- Solid General Insurance reserving experience and understanding of the Solvency II regulation is a merit.
- Interest in data processing and database structure.
- Working knowledge in tools such as SQL, Power-BI and ResQ is a merit.
- High ambition in combination with creativity and a strong sense for details.
- Strong written English communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills are essential.
- An urge to learn new things and develop into new roles.
- Ability to work independently within a multicultural organization.
United behind common goals
At SiriusPoint we work as one team across our global business, and we unite that team behind common goals, understanding the positive impact we can all make. We aim to retain and attract great people, knowing they can achieve a rewarding and enriching career at SiriusPoint.
Our Purpose is to provide security and resilience in an uncertain world.
Our Vision is to be recognized as a best-in-class insurer and reinsurer, utilizing deep risk capabilities to protect our customers. Blending our talent, expertise and data to provide intelligent risk solutions.
Our culture is one of performance and accountability. Our people are our experts and you will be empowered to apply your expertise in a supportive, collaborative and purposeful environment.
Our Values are at the heart of our business, and which guide every day actions and decision making.
- Integrity: Integrity, respect and trust are our core principles
- Customer Focused: Our customers are the reason we exist
- Solution Driven: Creating solutions is our mindset
- Diversity: Diversity, inclusion and allyship make us stronger
- Collaboration: Collaboration drives outperformance
We Achieve More Together
At SiriusPoint, we know that diversity, inclusion and allyship make us stronger. We value and are committed to supporting the unique voices, backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles and contributions of the diverse global employee base that make up our business.
We know that a diverse and equitable culture, where all voices are included and heard, is critical to our success as an employer. We are committed to developing our DE&I strategy to ensure that SiriusPoint remains a supportive and empowering place of work.