An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Actuarial Manager to join their skills with a Major General Insurer.
This role presents a rare opportunity for an ambitious and experienced candidate with experience in both Reserving and Capital Modelling with excellent analytical skills to make an instant impact within a developing Actuarial function.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Manager:
- Ownership and development of all claims Reserves and valuation reports
- Review and Improvement of Reserving Processes
- Ownership and development of models
- Lead investigations to develop Reserving and validate modelling assumptions
- Responsible for data quality in the Reserving and Capital processes
- Lead relationships with external auditors, brokers and asset managers
- Lead and develop relationship with Technical Claims Team
- Responsible for Solvency II technical provisions
- Responsible for quarterly SII standard formula Capital calculations
- Lead production of annual Solvency & Financial Condition Report
Experience of the Actuarial Manager
- Qualified Actuary OR experience in a Senior Capital and Reserving role.
- Post Qualification experience OR significant General Insurance experience
- Expert knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance
- Ability to lead and drive the business forward
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficiency in SAS, ResQ, VBA or SQL (minimum 2 software's)
Rewards and benefits:
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Strong pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 with service
- Flexible/Remote working options are also available
If you think this opportunity could be of interest, please apply below with your CV or contact Josh Spencer.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.