Risk Pricing Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Pricing Manager or an experienced Analyst looking to make an impact as a Risk Pricing Manager within a close-knit and innovative team.
You will develop and improve their management skills by leading the Pricing Analysis department of a top UK general insurer.
The Role of the Risk Pricing Manager
Key duties of the Risk Pricing Manager include:
- Maintaining and improving risk models, prioritising a range of data science techniques, as well as reporting processes and monitoring pricing performance
- Advance the adoption of the latest data science & statistical techniques across pricing & underwriting
- Develop reporting structures to monitor pricing performance in an automated fashion
- Develop innovative solutions to improve rating accuracy/efficiency
- Support delivery of pricing & underwriting business plan across Motor & Home portfolios
- Research and leverage new and existing data sources; capturing and explaining trends with innovative data features
- Explore different ways to categorise & model claims cost to improve view of risk
- Clearly communicate results and proposed actions to key decision makers across the business
- Champion and facilitate automation of reporting, data pipelines and quality assurance
- Manage, coach and mentor team members, driving a culture of development and excellence across the team
- Collaborate with peers in pricing, underwriting and data science
The organisation is looking to hire a Risk Pricing Manager who has:
- Experience managing general insurance products and/or pricing teams, including knowledge of current trends and issues in motor or home pricing
- Experience with some of the following predictive modelling techniques; Logistic Regression, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Neural Nets and Clustering
- Experience in statistical and data science programming languages (e.g. R, Python, PySpark, SAS, SQL)
- A good quantitative degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science)
- Experience of WTW's Radar software is preferred
- Proficient at communicating results in a concise manner both verbally and written
- Good communication, people management skills with personality and sense of humour
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and develop
- Logical thinker with a professional and positive attitude
- Passion to innovate, improve processes and challenge the norm
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Pricing Manager role, please apply now, or contact Josh Spencer. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.