Pensions Actuary, Risk Transfer
A reputable pensions consultancy and close client of mine are currently hiring a number of Pensions Actuary to join their risk-transfer team. This role offer exposure to a wide range of complex and innovative projects, and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, market leading team.
As a member of this team, you will work closely with investment consultants and Scheme Actuaries on transactions such as buy-ins, buyouts, longevity swaps, to navigate scheme's de-risking journeys. You will also have the opportunity to engage in commercial negotiations, and both corporate and trustee appointments.
- Managing the delivery of projects for clients ranging from £1m to £10bn+
- Beginning to end project management alongside insurers and re-insurers
- Lead project delivery for clients of varying sizes, providing training, strategic advice, and implementing bulk annuities and longevity swaps
- Pitching for new business
- Regularly contact clients, insurers, re-insurers, and various external stakeholders such as administrators, lawyers, and consultancies, establishing collaborative partnerships
Qualifications and Experience:
- FIA qualified, or part-qualified
- Strong DB pensions knowledge
- Experience in the pension risk transfer/ BPA space is a bonus
- Client facing
- Project management
- Fast-paced working environment
- Excellent MS office skills, focus on Excel and PowerPoint
If your experience covers the criteria above, or you have particular interest in this line of work, please share your details and I will be in touch. Alternatively, please feel free to contact me directly via email or phone.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.