A global life reinsurer are seeking to hire a qualified Corporate Actuary, for a management position for their highly lucrative and successful longevity business. This business line has a very substantial in-force liability value of approximately £25 billion. You would have some oversight for students within the team and be responsible for a range of work including:
- Annual business planning
- Implementation of new treaties into their financials
- In-force treaty management
- Running stresses and sensitivities for the annual ORSA process
- Several different projects and ad-hoc work in relation to business opportunities and new challenges (eg IFRS17 / regulatory initiatives)
- Developing process improvements and improving methodologies
This role will face off closely with the new business team as well as with Marketing, Pricing and a range of other areas of the business. As such you should enjoy working with others and be keen to supervise and oversee the work of more junior members of the team. Ideally you would have had some exposure to actuarial reporting for annuity / longevity related products.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.