Natural Catastrophe Research Lead - Flood Specialist
We are working with a Global Insurance Business to appoint a Senior Flood Risk specialist to lead research and flood model evaluation and work with clients to develop views of risks.
Your responsibilities will be for the UK and EMEA regional flood risk, however as part of this specialist global catastrophe research team there will be opportunity to span over into other natural hazards.
This is a highly project-based role where you will be setting the strategy with Insurers and Reinsurers clients, evaluating models, developing bespoke models, presenting findings etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to be an industry expert in Flood Risk
- Experience in Catastrophe Model Development and/or Model evaluation gained with a broker, Insurer, Reinsurer or 3rd Party Model provider.
- An active interest in keeping up to date on changing views of hazards, new methodologies, new sources of data etc.
- Data analysis skills and programming skills, e.g. Python, R, SQL
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to client project requests
- Confidence around clients and the ability to interpret complex information and present to clients
- Relevant qualifications such as PhD, Masters (or equivalent) in physical sciences such hydrology
The company offer a rewarding salary and benefits package and are open to very flexible working location, however you would be required in London on occasions for client meetings etc.
For more information, please contact Debbie Jackson, Practice Lead for Catastrophe and Exposure Management opportunities.
Please note:Applicants for this role must be eligible to work in the UK