Actuarial Manager sort for a major UK consultancy. Our client are looking for an experienced Non-Life Actuary to help lead their growing General Insurance team as an Actuarial Manager.
Unlike most major consultancies, our client has no KPIs and no focus on billable hours, offering a great work-life balance. They also have no work related to audits, operating much like a mutual or large insurer and also offer a flexible 35-hour work week.
After many successful years of Actuarial consulting across Life and Pensions, our client are looking to enhance their Non-Life consulting capabilities by growing their General Insurance team. Our client hope to appoint an Actuarial Manager who has strong leadership experience and in-depth knowledge of Actuarial functions within General Insurance.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Manager:
- Manage a variety of projects across Capital Modelling, Reserving, Pricing and/or Risk Management.
- Develop relationships with client contacts and help to manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost.
- Contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, making sure that the work delivered is of the best possible standard.
- Collaborate with both junior and senior team members to ensure timely completion of work.
Key experience of the Actuarial Manager:
- Fully qualified Non-Life Actuary, with experience preferably in Capital and/or Reserving.
- Software modelling experience, preferably within Tyche, R and/or Python
- Effective verbal and written communication, as well as delegation skills.
- Strong technical skills within mathematics, particularly in statistics.
Our client are looking to recruit an Actuarial Manager as soon as possible and are looking to hold interviews immediately.
If you are excited about the prospect of becoming an Actuarial Manager at a UK-based consultancy, then please apply with your CV below.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.