As an Actuarial Research and Development Specialist based in Singapore, you will play a pivotal role in the Asia R&D team. Reporting to the AVP, R&D in Asia, your primary responsibility is to support the refinement and delivery of actuarial foundations for our Asia business unit. This dynamic role involves collaborating with experts in diverse fields, delving into market experiences, and contributing to innovative risk management solutions.
Terms of Trade Development: Lead the creation and maintenance of Terms of Trade for all lines of business and territories in Asia. This includes formulating the core pricing assumptions and evaluating the value of existing business portfolios.
Experience Analysis: Assist in the analysis of experience data from various sources, both internal and external. Apply this knowledge to enhance the actuarial basis for in-force treaties.
Risk Quantification: Contribute to the development and upkeep of an insurance risk framework across all business lines. This involves calibrating probability distribution functions and documenting methodologies for economic capital assessments.
Research Initiatives: Engage in ad hoc research projects to address internal priorities. Occasionally, present research findings to clients and external stakeholders. Additionally, provide support to the life reinsurance quoting process and assist in establishing key pricing bases for new products and market ventures.
Mentorship and Training: Act as a mentor to junior team members, offering technical support and conducting comprehensive reviews of their work to foster their professional development.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Actuary with a minimum of 6 years' experience, with a background in actuarial research, experience analyses, or pricing.
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel. Familiarity with other systems such as R, Tableau, or Emblem, and a willingness to adapt to new software and systems.
- Strong grasp of mortality and morbidity experience analysis calculations, and preferably, experience with Generalized Linear Models or other machine learning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present confidently to both internal and external stakeholders in fluent English.
- Leadership skills to spearhead projects and provide effective training and coaching to junior team members.
- Thorough understanding of actuarial principles and processes.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with sound judgment and a commercial mindset.
- A knack for finding innovative solutions to analytical challenges.
- Direct or indirect knowledge of SEA, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese markets, encompassing culture, legislation, regulations, and commercial practices.
- Experience in constructing tables of mortality and morbidity rates.
- Proficiency in data mining and multi-variate analysis techniques.