Fairbank Partners are looking for our Syndicate clients First in-house Pricing Actuary that will sit not with the actuarial team, but with the Underwriting Management and Performance team. Reporting directly to the Active Underwriter and a dotted line into the Actuarial team and Chief Actuary.
The key area of responsibility is for actuarial pricing, providing support to and working with various underwriting teams to develop more profitable portfolios across the business. This opportunity lends itself well to someone who is looking to progress and wants to become a Head of Pricing in the next 2-3 years.
- Provide pricing and analytics support to the various underwriting teams including Casualty, Property, Contingency and Energy.
- Case Pricing
- Developing pricing tools that support the estimation of price adequacy and rate change.
- Performing portfolio and transactional/individual pricing analyses.
- Performing segmental and trend analyses.
- Performance monitoring (e.g. rate change and price adequacy metrics).
- Ceded reinsurance pricing.
- Develop, maintain, and review pricing models to the required standards.
- Produce any relevant reports to the Underwriting Committee.
- Provide pricing training to underwriters.
To be considered, you'll ideally be Qualified or even a nearly qualified actuary with demonstrable experience in actuarial pricing, preferably in the Lloyd's and/or London market and in particular Casualty classes.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07834 551 325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.