Reserving / Pricing Actuary | Global Insurer | London | Up to £110k + Benefits
Are you a qualified Actuary seeking a fresh career challenge?
Gravitas is excited to present an outstanding opportunity on behalf of our client, a leading Lloyd's syndicate. Our client is looking for a dynamic Actuary to join their Actuarial team in London. This role, which is product and division-focused, offers a unique opportunity to work outside the central reserving and central pricing realms while remaining within the Actuarial team. You'll have the chance to specialise in specific classes of business, including Energy, and Cyber.
This position is a well-balanced blend of reserving and pricing. It entails close collaboration with underwriters, claims specialists, finance professionals, reinsurance experts, and senior management. One of the key objectives is to strengthen the connection between pricing and reserving functions to ensure seamless consistency.
We are open to candidates at various points in their qualification journey, but ideally, you are a relatively new Actuary with around 1-3 years of qualification experience. Strong reserving expertise and the ability to confidently present to diverse stakeholders are essential. While knowledge of specific business classes is preferred, it is not mandatory. However, familiarity with the London Market is a must. Previous pricing experience is advantageous but not a prerequisite.
This role requires a minimum of two days in the London office (specifically, on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Prepare divisional combined ratio packs as part of the bi-annual pricing basis reserving process and present them to the Board and other stakeholders.
- Lead annual regulatory reporting and handle related core reserving and pricing tasks as needed.
- Support the quantification of underwriting action plans to assist underwriters in formulating their strategy for highlighted lines of business.
- Develop the link between pricing and reserving functions to ensure consistency between both disciplines.
- Parameterize insurance risk in the capital model.
- Set current year and business plan loss ratios for specific underwriting divisions.
- Actively build and maintain relationships with underwriters and senior management, seeking opportunities where the actuarial team can provide added value.
- Review rates on selected product lines as requested by underwriters and management.
- Peer review the development and implementation of new and existing rating engines.
- Collaborate with underwriters on new product development.
- A degree with a classification of 2:1 or above, or international equivalent.
- Qualified Actuary status and membership in the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, or international equivalent.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel. Proficiency in VBA and SQL is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
About Our Client:
Our client a Fortune 500 company with a global presence, boasting over 60 offices in more than 20 countries. They are a holding company with operations in insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory services, and investments worldwide.
What's in it for You:
- Competitive starting salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
- 25 days of paid holiday in addition to Bank Holidays, with the option to buy/sell extra leave.
- A fantastic company pension scheme, private medical and dental cover, life assurance, travel insurance, income protection, season ticket loan, and other enticing benefits.
- Abundant opportunities for skill development and career advancement, with the necessary support to help you achieve your goals.
This is a truly brilliant opportunity offering a diverse range of accountabilities. If you are interested to hear more details, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Charlie Wright | 07765134727 | firstname.lastname@example.org