Fairbank Partners are looking for a Pricing Actuary that will sit with the Underwriting team. Reporting directly to the Active Underwriter. This is not a stand alone role as you have support from the wider actuarial team when needed, plus the underwriters, Exposure analysts, BI and MI.
The key area of responsibility is for Pricing, providing support to and working with various underwriting teams to develop more profitable portfolios across the business. This opportunity lends itself well to someone who is looking to progress and sit in a commercial role.
- Performing portfolio and transactional/individual pricing analyses “Case Pricing”
- Provide pricing and analytics support to the various underwriting teams including Casualty and Healthcare, Property Treaty, Property Insurance, Specialty Insurance, Marine Treaty and Upstream Energy.
- Developing pricing tools that support the estimation of price adequacy and rate change.
- Produce any relevant reports to the Underwriting Management Board.
- Provide pricing training to underwriters.
- Understand and ensure compliance regarding Lloyds Guiding Principles as they relate to pricing.
The business is a small syndicate that is looking at expansion. If you are not looking, but want to gain management experience, this role can offer you that when you look to hire a few analysts. More emphasis on case pricing and embedding longtail pricing.
The role reports to the Active Underwriter, but works very close with the leader of the North American Casualty book.
To be considered, you'll ideally be Qualified or even a nearly qualified actuary with demonstrable experience in actuarial pricing, preferably in the Lloyd's and/or London market.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07834 551 325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.