I'm working with three clients that are keen to build their longevity teams. The areas of focus are:
1. A Modelling Actuary to support the future growth of the Longevity and Catastrophe team within the Finance function. This role will be within the Longevity and Catastrophe team, to primarily support the analysis of catastrophe mortality risk, mainly in the context of modelling the capital requirements relating to this risk, but also to assist the wider work of the team in understanding and modelling mortality/longevity outcomes more broadly.
2. Longevity Business Development Manager/Actuary: this person will support the growing longevity business development team with marketing, sourcing and execution of new Longevity business, with a strong focus on contract negotiation. You will also develop and maintain external and internal relationships to enhance the company's ability to source opportunities globally and write profitable new longevity business and maintain responsibility for timely tender responses to client.
As you develop, you will be expected to drive longevity deals/ internal projects to completion, reacting to market dynamics and the team’s growth strategy. Business development is a highly leveraged part of the longevity team and the candidate will contribute to initiatives within Pricing, Research and in-force deal management.
3. Pricing & Research Longevity Actuary:
Some of the key areas in which the successful candidate will work as a member of Longevity pricing team include:
- Contributing to all aspects of understanding, pricing and managing longevity reinsurance risks, enhancing SGL Global Longevity team’s ability to write profitable new business.
- Lead the production of technical pricing for Longevity tenders which includes experienced analysis, proposal of basis, rate production, KPI metrics, and supporting documentation.
- Support the Head of Pricing on business referrals with Group sign-off teams based in Paris, Cologne and Ireland.
- Support new business execution.
- Lead the technical development of new products/ propositions.
- Manage the maintenance and development of Longevity pricing processes and tools.
- Lead or support research and ad-hoc projects.
- Assist in the development of junior team members.
So if you're in any way interested then please get in touch!