- England, London
- £60000 - £90000 per annum
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams)
We have partnered with a leading Lloyd's syndicate to find them a Reserving Analyst to join their rapidly expanding team. The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to support all areas of Reserving, with future opportunities to work with other Actuarial functions across the business. This is an excellent opportunity for any Actuarial Analyst looking to advance their career with the option of mentoring junior members of the team. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Support the quarterly reviews of premium, loss and expense reserves on specified lines of business, generally for the purposes of US GAAP reporting. This process includes the calculation of an actuarial central estimate and the incorporation of management's best estimate.
- Prepare quarterly reserve analysis presentations for business/underwriting management.
- Perform and present the results of ad-hoc reserving analyses.
- Support the communication of reserve review results, including presentation to executive management, group actuarial department and finance department.
- Give to the development and management of reserving databases, applications and systems (e.g. ResQ software).
- Support the Solvency II Technical Provisions quarterly calculation process including analysis of change investigations and present results to management.
- Possibility to support the annual reserve risk parameterisation process including analysing model results
- Provide support to the Solvency II Technical Provision and Reserve Risk processes in producing quarterly and annual Solvency reporting to Lloyd's and other regulatory reporting relating to reserves and capital.
- Support the bi-annual loss ratio planning processes, in particular to ensure that the outputs and insight from the reserving process are appropriately reflected in planning exercises.
Please apply for further information.
HFG is an award winning international recruitment consulting firm that provides specialist professionals to leading General Insurance, Life, Reinsurance, Pensions and Management Consultancy firms.
Since our formation in 2002 we have sought to provide a market leading recruitment service which challenges the gap between large agencies broad capabilities, and executive search companies’ levels of service.
Regarded by our clients and candidates as industry experts, we deliver solutions to the global insurance marketplace where we specialise in actuarial recruitment.
Led by a number of ex-industry professionals, our consultants have shown a long-term commitment to their defined markets.
The provision of considered advice based on deep market knowledge is central to our business model.
You will regularly find HFG at industry events and conferences including GIRO, Life, Momentum, Health, Care & Protection and Joint Risk, Investment & Pensions.
Apply for Reserving Actuary
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert