Senior Actuarial analyst - Model Development
- England, City of London, London
- £70000 - £85000 per annum
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams)
We have partnered with a leading Lloyd's syndicate to find them a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join their rapidly growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst with 2-4 years' experience from any background, including (life/pensions), to broaden their experience from some of the market's best actuaries. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Perform actuarial ratemaking and pricing of various business opportunities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the day-to-day application of actuarial techniques in pricing and best practices.
- If requested assist in preparation of the Solvency 2 technical provisions for the UK entities. This will potentially involve consideration of entities outside of the UK.
- Supporting the Actuarial function with various MI requirements that arise from the relevant management committees.
- Review of results from the annual external reserve review.
- Understand the importance of, and contribute to, effective collaboration with the relevant business functions (to include but not limited to actuarial reserving, actuarial pricing, actuarial modelling, capital modelling, underwriting, claims, finance) and contribute to the implementation of process improvements and recommendations being cascaded down from actuarial senior leadership.
- Actively participate in actuarial projects arising from the recommendations of the Actuarial function.
- Support the Actuarial function with the analysis required to review the business plan for the reserving sign off.
- Support the functions understanding and effective articulation of the legal and regulatory demands that impact the actuarial team, and the broader business, to contribute to decision making with regards to technical actuarial issues, risk appetite and underwriting strategy.
Please apply for further information.
HFG is an award winning international recruitment consulting firm that provides specialist professionals to leading General Insurance, Life, Reinsurance, Pensions and Management Consultancy firms.
Since our formation in 2002 we have sought to provide a market leading recruitment service which challenges the gap between large agencies broad capabilities, and executive search companies’ levels of service.
Regarded by our clients and candidates as industry experts, we deliver solutions to the global insurance marketplace where we specialise in actuarial recruitment.
Led by a number of ex-industry professionals, our consultants have shown a long-term commitment to their defined markets.
The provision of considered advice based on deep market knowledge is central to our business model.
You will regularly find HFG at industry events and conferences including GIRO, Life, Momentum, Health, Care & Protection and Joint Risk, Investment & Pensions.
Apply for Senior Actuarial analyst - Model Development
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert