Single Risk Pricing Actuary
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A rapidly growing, global specialty insurer with operations in 9 locations and access to a global network of more than 175 countries through a global network. This is an opportunity to join a growing, collaborative pricing team offering extensive visibility with a competitive package and bonus.
- To provide actuarial pricing advice and support to the Single Risk pricing function, with particular attention to monitoring of results and establishment/maintenance of pricing methodology.
- Support the company in our ambition to provide market leading Actuarial Pricing support and control of our Underwriting. In particular, delivering and maintaining our Single Risk pricing models and Management Information.
- To support the Single Risk Pricing Manager in developing the pricing objectives for the team and play an active role in embedding these objectives.
- Support the production and delivery of relevant Actuarial systems, projects and activities in line with the Company's strategy and business plan.
- Develop and maintain per risk pricing models for Single Risk business using Hx Renew (python based pricing platform).
- Provide actuarial advice, recommendations and solutions to colleagues for projects that will assist in implementing the Global Specialty strategy
- Implementation and regular production of Pricing MI (using power BI and SQL) to monitor performance of accounts.
- Calculation of appropriate Single Risk loss ratios and premium projections used in the business planning cycle
- Build strong and effective relationships within the business, encouraging cross Company team working to facilitate effective commercial underwriting decisions.
- Maintain an understanding of and comply with all relevant FCA / PRA / Company regulatory requirements and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed for allocated work with the necessary commentary, insights and findings in line with Global Specialty policies and procedures, and actuarial best practice.
- Develop and enhance the team through acquiring technical knowledge, and mentoring/coaching more junior members of the team where needed.
- Identify and enhance the quality and value of processes across the Finance and Operations function.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of General Insurance/Specialty pricing, ideally within the London Market.
- Extensive and varied knowledge of actuarial best practice and market standards in pricing.
- Open to candidates that are IFoA Nearly / newly qualified or above.
- Ideally exposure to working closely with the Underwriting community in the construction of per risk pricing models.
- Experienced user in software relevant to actuarial analysis (e.g. SQL, SAS, GLM software).
- Knowledge of Python, Renew and Power BI.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert