Senior Actuary - Life - Validation
- Oliver James
- Nordrhein-Westfalen, Düsseldorf, Germany
- £77691.82 - £90640.46 per annum + 30 Days Hol, Pension, Overtime
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2023
- Life insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A leading German insurance company is looking for an ambitious and open minded professional to join their expanding team. As a Senior Actuary in the Validation department, you will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and reliability of stochastic valuation models across local German business as well as International group entities. This role offers extensive exposure to upper management across the group as well as allowing you to engage in a wide variety of crucial risk management projects across the business.
- Develop and implement quantitative and qualitative approaches, methods, tools, and processes for validating stochastic valuation models.
- Assess the modelling approach, stability, model specification, parameters, data quality, and model results.
- Conduct technical supervision and execution of model validation for risk and technical provisions calculations.
- Identify validation findings and define appropriate measures and recommendations in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Prepare validation reports and provide detailed information to relevant departments, committees, and boards.
- Design and improve validation processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of model validation activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between validation processes and business needs.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and regulatory requirements related to model validation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new validation approaches and tools.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in natural sciences, economics, or a related field with a focus on financial mathematics.
- Previous professional experience in the insurance industry, preferably in risk management, actuarial, statistics, or asset-liability management.
- Aspiring to become a certified actuary or in the process of obtaining certification is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with the competence to provide professional guidance and mentor junior team members.
- Strong team spirit and the ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Independent and self-motivated work approach with a high level of commitment and integrity.
- Fluency in English is required, Basic German
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Ben Barker for an informal chat or send your CV using the contact details below. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
+49 69 566089425
They have a global team of specialist and established consultants across the UK, Europe and Asia, giving them unparalleled knowledge of their market place. We place on a contract and a permanent basis, in roles ranging from Student Actuary to Chief Actuary.
- +44 (0) 207-649-9464
Apply for Senior Actuary - Life - Validation
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert