New Vacancy: Underwriting Operations Analyst
City of London - Lloyd's MGA
Salary £40,000 - £50,000
A newly established Lloyd's MGA are looking to add an Underwriting Operations Technician, to work within their Underwriting support division. They are looking to grow massively within the next 6-18 months so the chance for progression is huge.
This is fantastic opportunity to work within an established team, who regularly promote from within. Experience within an Underwriting Operations role (1-2 years) is required for this position, as well as a Lloyd's background. The company is based around the marine class at the moment but is looking to grow into other areas in the near future.
- Work with the underwriting support teams to assist in clearing priority work items.
- Ensure day-to-day workflow is handled in a timely manner within SLAs and deadlines e.g. all endorsements cleared by the end of each week etc.
- Assist in handling the regular internal reporting including the production and analysis of monthly KPIs for UWs
- Assist with relevant reports to external partners, monthly BDX and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist in the development and enhancement of reporting tools
- Ensure the quality and integrity of Underwriting data, assist with developing of Data Quality reports
- Support the wider operations team to optimize processes
- Liaise with underwriters, brokers, and other interested parties to address and resolve operational issues
- Liaise with Credit Control function, to address queries, chase brokers for overdue payments
- Support ad-hoc projects and other work items at the request of Operations team management
- Work with underwriting assistants to learn the basics of their roles and support during new staff transitions and peak periods.
- Review underwriting assistant training documentation to ensure it is up to date and suggest any changes as necessary.