Senior GI Actuarial Associate - Risk & Capital
- Star Actuarial Futures
- Various / hybrid with 2 days p/w office-based
- £ excellent package
- Closing date
- 12 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams)
Are you an ambitious, part-qualified GI actuary, seeking to develop your career within the fast-growing Risk & Capital proposition of a major global consultancy? Then this is the role for you.
In this fantastic career opportunity, you will help our client with its successful and expanding risk & capital proposition while supporting its wider Non-Life offering including:
- Catastrophe Risk;
- Reserving & Pricing;
- Exposure Management;
- and, increasingly, areas such as Cyber, Climate, and ESG).
An agile thinker with good communication skills, the successful candidate may have some experience in risk and capital modelling (for example, model development and implementation, or model validation).
You may also possess experience with Solvency II internal models, risk management, or software packages such as Igloo, ReMetrica or Tyche, or other actuarial areas such as reserving & pricing.
Alternatively, candidates from a life/pensions background seeking to crossover to non-life will be considered.
Take the next step on your career ladder.
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
6 London Street
New London House
Apply for Senior GI Actuarial Associate - Risk & Capital
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert