Mixed Actuarial Data Scientist
- London, England
- £40000 - £65000 per annum + Full study support
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams)
We have partnered with a leading Lloyd's syndicate to find them a senior analyst with an actuarial or data analytics/science background to bolster the team. This is an excellent opportunity to create and maintain pricing models using Python and with relevant data science techniques. Working with and learning about all traditional actuarial roles (capital modelling, pricing, reserving, and business planning). This role includes but is not limited to:
- Pricing model build on new platform for all classes of business using Python. Ensure underwriter engagement throughout process by building easy to use models that integrate well with other systems and produce insightful management information.
- Business Planning & Capital Modelling - a bespoke internal model written in VB.NET is in use for Solvency II purposes. The model is used for capital setting, reinsurance purchasing, business planning, risk appetite setting and monitoring on a monthly basis.
- Setting parameters for and running model on a monthly basis to monitor risk against pre-defined appetite and tolerances.
- Solvency II: analysis and reporting
- Reserving: full quarterly analyses using ICRFS including confidence intervals and monthly actual versus expected exercises.
- Pricing support: ad hoc pricing using frequency severity analysis using R.
Please apply for further information.
HFG is an award winning international recruitment consulting firm that provides specialist professionals to leading General Insurance, Life, Reinsurance, Pensions and Management Consultancy firms.
Since our formation in 2002 we have sought to provide a market leading recruitment service which challenges the gap between large agencies broad capabilities, and executive search companies’ levels of service.
Regarded by our clients and candidates as industry experts, we deliver solutions to the global insurance marketplace where we specialise in actuarial recruitment.
Led by a number of ex-industry professionals, our consultants have shown a long-term commitment to their defined markets.
The provision of considered advice based on deep market knowledge is central to our business model.
You will regularly find HFG at industry events and conferences including GIRO, Life, Momentum, Health, Care & Protection and Joint Risk, Investment & Pensions.
Apply for Mixed Actuarial Data Scientist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert