Exams are over, time for a break. Career check-up?
- Star Actuarial Futures
- £ to attract the best
- Closing date
- 4 Jun 2023
- General insurance, Health , Investment, Life insurance, Pensions, Reinsurance, Risk management, Solvency II, Systems, Other
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified (executive), Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams), Graduate/post-graduate, Analyst, Consultant
It’s easy to get stuck in the daily grind and forget to take the time to review your career health. A career health check is a great way to assess your current situation, identify areas of improvement and take action to move forward.
The first step is to spend some time considering your overall goals. What do you want to achieve in your career and what steps do you need to take to reach them? This can help you decide what to focus on and what to let go of.
Once you have a clearer idea of your career goals, it’s time to review your current situation. Ask yourself questions like: What have I achieved recently? What skills do I need to develop? Am I taking on enough challenges? This can help you to identify areas that need improvement and start planning ways to move forward.
Finally, don’t forget to reflect on your successes. Taking stock of your accomplishments can give you the confidence to take on new challenges and reach for your goals. A career health check is a great way to make sure you’re on the right track and to identify areas of improvement.
As Actuaries and professional recruiters ourselves, with years of recruitment experience, we are well placed to help you review your current situation. We can provide information on your value in the current market and, if wanted, discuss your alternative career options too.
Take the time to assess your career and move forward in the right direction. Get in touch with one of our team today.
#careergoals #careerdevelopment #careeradvice #actuaryjobs #actuarialrecruitment #staractuarial
Please contact us to discuss this vacancy or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals. We are very happy to perform bespoke research on your behalf.
Joanne O’Connor, Operations Director
M: +44 7739 345 946
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
6 London Street
New London House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert