Capital Modelling Manager
- Arthur Financial
- London (Greater)
- Up to £120k + benefits
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An experienced capital modelling actuary is sought as Capital Modelling Manager at this well-established London market business.
This role will be involved in:
- Assisting the Head of Capital in achieving the department’s objectives across the Group, covering model use for business strategy and regulatory reporting. This will include further strengthening the potential and output of a Capital modelling function already delivering to a high standard.
- Regulatory reporting will include Lloyd’s, BMA, PRA, rating agencies, and other relevant bodies. Strategy input will include capital allocation, investment modelling, reinsurance purchase and design, risk appetites, and more.
- Represent the Capital Modelling function within the relevant committee in the absence of the Head of Capital Modelling, including but not limited to Internal Model Expert Group, and the Risk & Capital Committee.
- Assist in further developing Internal Model use. Recognise development needs of the Capital model and assist with the day to day maintenance, development and running of the Capital Model.
- Deliver assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Develop, and delegate tasks, to junior team members with line management of up to three junior students.
Ideally you will be a qualified actuary or qualified by experience with prior capital modelling experience. This experience could have been developed in any general insurance business, it does not need to be within a Lloyd's/London market company. This organisation has both Lloyd's and company platforms and you will gain exposure to capital modelling across both.
Exposure to any modelling software is of interest, although this organisation uses Tyche.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a leading role in this capital function which is respected in the London market but also internally with senior management.
Actuaries have some of the brightest minds on the planet. Their ability to calculate risk and future events gives them a unique skill set which is in high demand by employers.
The Actuarial desk at Arthur Recruitment connects Actuaries to their future employers. We are building our network within The UK Insurance Market and will be emailing market news, jobs and interviews with some of the leading actuaries in the market.
- 0203 587 7754
6 Lloyd's Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert