Senior Pricing Actuary
- Star Actuarial Futures
- London / hybrid with 2 days p/w office-based
- £ excellent package
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Life insurance, Reinsurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
If you are a qualified life actuary looking for your next career challenge within the pricing function of a global reinsurer, then this is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the maintenance and improvement of pricing tools and processes to optimise efficiency and risk management.
Taking responsibility for derivation and proposal of new best estimate assumption guidelines, you will manage impact testing and implementation on all relevant pricing tools.
You will also use appropriate software and coding techniques to keep the UK pricing process as efficient as possible.
Additionally, you will manage independently all areas of client responses including ad hoc client work and tender responses.
With good knowledge of Python or R, the successful candidate will be familiar with data visualisation packages such as PowerBI or Tableau.
Knowledge of statistical analysis and data science techniques essential while knowledge of Actuarial Modelling tools alongside familiarity with project management tools e.g. Azure DevOps would be desirable.
Take the next step on your career ladder within a market-leader. Apply now.
Please contact us to discuss this vacancy or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals. We are very happy to perform bespoke research on your behalf.
Jan Sparks FIA, Partner
M: +44 (0)7477 757151
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
6 London Street
New London House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert