Reserving Manager - Global (Re)insurer - London - Up to 110K
- England, City of London, London
- £100000 - £110000 per annum + + benefits
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified (executive), Qualified
We are seeking a highly motivated Actuary to join a leading global (re)insurer as a Reserving Manager. The company is a fast-growing division of a global group and provides extensive product and distribution capabilities with a strong balance sheet.
As a key member of the Actuarial team, the successful candidate will lead multiple deliverables, interactions, and propose initiatives for future enhancements to drive the business forward. The role provides an opportunity to make a tangible impact on the day-to-day and future direction of the actuarial department, and personally play a critical role in influencing, establishing and growing the company's actuarial capabilities.
- Quarterly reviews of reserves in respect of business written across international platforms.
- Setting of key actuarial assumptions and methods for both GAAP and SII purposes.
- Undertake regular portfolio analysis of classes.
- Collaborate with Pricing Actuary's and Underwriter's for sharing information, influencing and to support reserving/capital assumptions used.
- Quantitative inputs to the ORSA process and ad-hoc stress and scenario analysis.
- Support the Chief Reserving Actuary and CRO in producing the actuarial function report and ORSA.
- Develop and comply appropriate controls over model inputs, parameters, judgments, and outputs.
- Qualified Actuary (FIA) or similar.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of GI reserving and (ideally) capital modeling approaches.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong reserve and reserve risk modelling.
- Standard formula modelling.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to simply communicate modelling process and results with internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through reports or presentations.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to network, learn and develop.
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in the wider actuarial team's journey and evolution to deliver quality tools and insights. This role will be highly visible and integrated as part of the wider actuarial team, with the opportunity to collaborate, learn, and contribute across functions and businesses.
If you are a dynamic and ambitious individual who is looking for an opportunity to develop and grow, then this role is for you. Apply now and be part of a supportive and encouraging environment that empowers you to take ownership and make a tangible impact on the business.
To find out more please don't hesitate to reach out.
Alec | 07832 937637 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Gravitas Recruitment Group is a leading international recruitment consultancy, committed to delivering an unrivalled service in placing Actuarial and Tech professionals to our broad client base. We are the #1 Actuarial recruitment company in Asia and one of the fastest growing actuarial teams in the UK.
In an industry with exacting skill parameters, we source quality personnel for niche roles. We regularly host networking events which allow us not only to build unique relationships, but to ensure we are up to date with latest developments and changes in industry. Our experienced consultants embody our core values of Respect, Integrity, Passion and Excellence. It is these values that enable us to provide an unrivalled service to the market.
- 020 3640 9800
6 Bevis Marks
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert