Head of Balance Sheet Analysis
- Star Actuarial Futures
- Midlands or Scotland / hybrid with 2 days p/w office-based
- £ six-figure basic with fantastic bonus potential
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Life insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you a qualified life actuary, seeking to move into a unique and highly visible role within a major insurance Group? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact within a leading-edge finance reporting team and thrive within a change environment.
As Head of Balance Sheet Analysis, you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for Finance Reporting with respect to the Balance Sheet Review team for Solvency II and IFRS reporting.
Ensuring change from programmes are appropriately managed into the team, you will also make sure that all financial & operational impacts of change are correctly understood and addressed.
With well-honed influencing skills, you will use these to challenge senior and executive level decisions, building strong cross-divisional relationships and networks to support the achievement of business objectives.
In-depth technical knowledge of key reporting metrics and/or actuarial concepts relevant to actuarial reporting is essential for this role as is knowledge of Capital Management processes and policies.
You will additionally be comfortable in senior stakeholder management and have demonstrable experience of this.
Knowledge of Proxy Modelling techniques would be desirable.
A fantastic opportunity to join a top-tier firm offering career development and assistance in driving your ambition.
Get in touch now for more information.
Peter Baker, Partner
M: +44 7860 602 586
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
6 London Street
New London House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert