Senior Technical Specialist (Actuary)
- Oliver James
- London, City of London, England
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Life insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Location: London (Hybrid)
Oliver James have partnered up with one of the UK's central banks, who are seeking a Qualified Actuary to join as a Senior Technical Specialist. This is a unique opportunity for an Actuary to be involved with a business that is responsible for the development of policy within insurance.
As a Senior Technical Specialist you will be required to spend your time leading technical policy and supervision, you will also work alongside other actuaries, lawyers and policy specialist's. The bank are looking for Post Qualified (8+ years) with experience in at least one of Investments, Risk Management, Solvency II or Capital.
- Presenting work to senior committees
- Mentoring and developing others
- Advising Bank seniors, and providing technical input to HM Treasury
- Handling relationships with technical experts in firms and industry bodies
- Qualified Actuary (to IFoA Fellowship level)
- Experience of at least one of investments, risk management or solvency capital requirements
- Experience in Solvency II or the IAIS Insurance Capital Standard
- Ability to effectively delegate to, empower and motivate others.
They have a global team of specialist and established consultants across the UK, Europe and Asia, giving them unparalleled knowledge of their market place. We place on a contract and a permanent basis, in roles ranging from Student Actuary to Chief Actuary.
- +44 (0) 207-649-9464
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert