Insurance Risk Leader
- Star Actuarial Futures
- London / hybrid with 2 days p/w office-based
- £ to attract the best
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- General insurance, Investment, Life insurance, Risk management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified (executive), Qualified
Major insurer has an outstanding opportunity for a qualified life actuary, ideally with some exposure to General Insurance, to take the lead on the risk oversight plan, identifying and coordinating oversight activities based on the current and future risk profile of the business.
Acting as the key contact for matters relating to Insurance Risk, you will provide independent risk views, value-adding insight and sound business understanding of risks relating to Financial Reporting.
You will also apply your extensive understanding of Insurance Risk and risk mitigation including the Own Risk Solvency Assessment (“ORSA”) framework and process and its impact on the overall capital regulatory framework.
In addition, you will provide forward-looking risk opinions and thought leadership on material projects including Merger and Acquisition activity, and product development as required.
The successful candidate will possess advanced knowledge and application of risk management best practices across all risk classes within an Insurance and Banking organisation including: risk identification; risk assessment; control environment assessment; risk appetite framework; risk measurement; and risk planning.
An exciting career opportunity offering exposure to a wide range of business areas and the opportunity to challenge yourself to reach your full potential.
Please contact us to discuss this vacancy or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals. We are very happy to perform bespoke research on your behalf.
Louis Manson, Managing Director
M : +44 (0)7595 023 983
T : +44 (0)20 7868 1900
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
6 London Street
New London House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert