- Legal & General
- Up to £80,000 + Car Allowance, Benefits & Bonus
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Life insurance, Pensions, Solvency II
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams)
Are you interested in making the numbers mean more? Do you enjoy working with vast amounts of data and relish analysis work?
If so, we are looking for a Qualified Actuary to join the Reporting team here at L&G Retirement (LGR) as a Reporting Actuary.
In this role you will lead the production of specified statutory, external and/or internal financial results within L&G Retirement (LGR). This will include providing high-quality results, supporting analysis and commentary on a timely basis. You will also make certain that appropriate controls are in place to ensure sound actuarial management and control of risks.
You will also lead/manage junior members of the LGR Reporting Team as part of this varied and exciting role.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
Whilst this role is advertised as Full Time, we would be open to applications from Part Time workers too.
What you'll be doing
- Owning the output of specified financial metrics such as; IFRS operating profit, Solvency II operating variances, risk margin, liability sensitivities and new business reporting. Ensuring both accuracy and delivery in a timely manner.
- Proactively supporting other Reporting Actuaries to ensure we meet the needs of our customers (both internal & external)
- Ensuring that reporting decisions are documented and receive the appropriate level of governance.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders across the business including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments, Group Finance and auditors. And ensuring that communication with these stakeholders is clear, concise and tailored to the needs of the specific stakeholder.
- Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems, and processes. Ensuring systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Owning the effective planning of activities required for assigned deliverables; including allocating correct resources to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Taking direct responsibility for managing more junior team members whilst also being a role model to all employees across the wider reporting team. This will include actively coaching and motivating team members to maximise the performance of the area.
- Supporting the Head of Reporting in the prioritisation and implementation of system, process and methodology changes as required for the ongoing production of financial results and analysis. Including working closely with other teams within LGR Finance and Group Finance to support the wider change agenda.
- Demonstrating a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensuring that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively.
What were looking for
- A qualified actuary (preferably with previous experience in life insurance).
- Experience in/an understanding of:- Reporting metrics such as IFRS, EC and Solvency II, Bulk and individual annuity products, the UK finance sector, Risk and regulatory requirements, Insurance accounting.
- IFRS and Solvency II reporting experience.
- Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Team management, stakeholder management and mentoring experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in reviewing processes and implementing improvements.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
From the outside, we may seem familiar. On the inside, we are anything but.
At Legal & General, everything we do is driven by our vision to build a better society and improve the lives of our customers while creating value for our shareholders. We invest today’s money such as pension funds, into tomorrow’s assets: investments which will not only pay a return in the very long term, but will also contribute to a better economic future.
We are one of the UK’s leading financial services groups and with over £1 trillion in total assets under management, the UK’s largest investment manager for corporate pension schemes, with plans to expand our international businesses in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
From affordable housing and urban regeneration to clean energy and small business finance, there is so much more to us than what meets the eye. So take a closer look. Get involved. Be curious. And you may be surprised!
At Legal & General, we know it is you who enable us to be brilliant and are proud to be home to a community of diverse actuarial talent, a community which is committed to making the numbers mean more. So why not take the next step and explore one of the many opportunities we currently have to be a part of it?
Don't just take our word for it. Click here to hear directly about what life is like as an actuary at Legal & General from Vibha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBf1YQ9-_w
If you're interested in learning more, please contact Jordan Russell at email@example.com
Legal & General
One Coleman Street
Apply for Reporting Actuary
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert