- Legal & General
- Up to £45,000 + Study Support, Benefits & Bonus
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Life insurance, Pensions, Solvency II
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Part qual (1-10 exams)
Are you interested in making the numbers mean more? Do you enjoy working with vast amounts of data and relish analysis work?
If so we are looking for a student actuary to join the Reporting team here at L&G Retirement (LGR) as an Actuarial Analyst.
In this role you will support with the production of LGR’s statutory, external, and internal financial results. As well as providing high-quality supporting analysis and commentary on these results.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
Whilst this role is advertised as Full Time, we would be open to applications from Part Time workers too.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the reporting actuaries to deliver financial metrics in a timely and accurate manner. These financial metrics include; IFRS operating profit, Solvency II operating variances, risk margin, liability sensitivities and new business reporting.
- Supporting other members of the Reporting team to ensure that we meet the needs of our customers, whilst ensuring we operate within relevant controls & policies.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments, Group Finance & auditors.
- Supporting proactive engagement with stakeholders to ensure deliveries continue to meet their needs and the quality expected.
- Ensuring that your communication is clear, concise, and tailored to the needs of the specific stakeholders you are liaising with.
- Supporting with effective prioritisation and scheduling of activities required for assigned work packages.
- Actively supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems and processes. Ensuring systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Demonstrating a risk and control mind-set through the proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensuring that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively.
- Demonstrating an attitude of continuous improvement, by taking responsibility for improving the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Including supporting with the implementation of system, process and methodology changes as required and providing input into the identification and prioritisation of improvements to current methodology.
- Demonstrating awareness, understanding, and appropriate action in relation to your personal responsibilities for information security, specifically around access management, data handling (encryption and classification), password control and building security.
What were looking for
- A part-qualified actuary studying towards the IFoA exams (or equivalent)
- Ideally some knowledge/understanding of the following; IFRS, EC and Solvency II Reporting Metrics, Bulk and Individual Annuity products, the UK Finance Sector, Risk and Regulatory requirements, Insurance accounting.
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- It would be highly beneficial if you have previous experience in IFRS and/or Solvency II Reporting.
- It would be highly beneficial if you have previous experience in implementing improvements to systems, processes and methodology.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
From the outside, we may seem familiar. On the inside, we are anything but.
At Legal & General, everything we do is driven by our vision to build a better society and improve the lives of our customers while creating value for our shareholders. We invest today’s money such as pension funds, into tomorrow’s assets: investments which will not only pay a return in the very long term, but will also contribute to a better economic future.
We are one of the UK’s leading financial services groups and with over £1 trillion in total assets under management, the UK’s largest investment manager for corporate pension schemes, with plans to expand our international businesses in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
From affordable housing and urban regeneration to clean energy and small business finance, there is so much more to us than what meets the eye. So take a closer look. Get involved. Be curious. And you may be surprised!
At Legal & General, we know it is you who enable us to be brilliant and are proud to be home to a community of diverse actuarial talent, a community which is committed to making the numbers mean more. So why not take the next step and explore one of the many opportunities we currently have to be a part of it?
Don't just take our word for it. Click here to hear directly about what life is like as an actuary at Legal & General from Vibha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBf1YQ9-_w
If you're interested in learning more, please contact Jordan Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal & General
One Coleman Street
Apply for Actuarial Analyst
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert