Technical Pricing Manager
- Sellick Partnership
- England, London, City of London
- £75000 - £99000 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified (executive), Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams), Graduate/post-graduate
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Pricing Manager or a Senior Pricing Analyst looking to make an impact as a Technically focused Manager.
You will develop and improve their management skills by leading the Pricing Analysis department of a top UK general insurer.
Key duties of the Pricing Manager include:
- Maintaining and improving risk models, prioritising a range of data science techniques, as well as reporting processes and monitoring pricing performance
- Advance the adoption of the latest data science & statistical techniques across pricing & underwriting
- Develop reporting structures to monitor pricing performance in an automated fashion
- Develop innovative solutions to improve rating accuracy/efficiency
- Support delivery of pricing & underwriting business plan across Motor & Home portfolios
- Research and leverage new and existing data sources; capturing and explaining trends with innovative data features
- Explore different ways to categorise & model claims cost to improve view of risk
- Clearly communicate results and proposed actions to key decision makers across the business
- Champion and facilitate automation of reporting, data pipelines and quality assurance
- Manage, coach and mentor team members, driving a culture of development and excellence across the team
- Collaborate with peers in pricing, underwriting and data science
The organisation is looking to hire a Pricing Manager who has:
- Experience managing general insurance products and/or pricing teams, including knowledge of current trends and issues in motor or home pricing
- Experience with some of the following predictive modelling techniques; Logistic Regression, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Neural Nets and Clustering
- Experience in statistical and data science programming languages (e.g. R, Python, PySpark, SAS, SQL)
- A good quantitative degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science)
- Experience of WTW's Radar software is preferred
- Proficient at communicating results in a concise manner both verbally and written
- Good communication, people management skills with personality and sense of humour
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and develop
- Logical thinker with a professional and positive attitude
- Passion to innovate, improve processes and challenge the norm
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Pricing Manager role, please apply now, or contact Josh Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48
Established in 2002, Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment business with seven offices nationwide and more than 100 employees.
We offer a complete recruitment service to actuary professionals on a permanent, contract and interim basis. Our specialist areas include:
- General Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Contracting/Interim Actuarial
- Pensions & Investment
At Sellick Partnership, we pride ourselves on the wealth of experience that our talented Actuarial Recruitment Consultants have and their ability to recruit at all levels across the actuarial sector. From FTSE 100 insurers, actuarial consultancies, to some of the UK’s most well-known mutual insurers, we work with a range of organisations nationwide and excel at delivering a tailored service to both clients and candidates.
Get in touch with us today on 0151 224 1480 to find out how we can help you.
Sellick Partnership also recruits across the following specialisms: Legal, Finance & Accountancy, HR, Procurement, Change & Transformation, ICT & Digital Technology, Wealth & Investment Management, Housing & Property Services and Senior & Executive. To find out more about Sellick Partnership, please visit our website: www.sellickpartnership.co.uk.
Over the years we have worked hard to achieve a number of awards and accreditations that acknowledge our service, internal processes and our commitment to our employees. These include: Investors in People Gold standard, Great Place to Work® accreditation and ISO 9001:2015. We are proud to support the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Race Fairness Commitment which are specifically designed to try and achieve fairness at work for people of all ethnic backgrounds and minorities. We are also an APSCo Member Committed to Diversity and a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) employer.
- 0151 224 1480
Apply for Technical Pricing Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert