Head of Credit Risk
- Star Actuarial Futures
- Flexible / hybrid with 2 days p/w office-based
- £ excellent + bonus + benefits
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Investment, Life insurance, Risk management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified (executive), Qualified
A significant opportunity for a commercial investment expert (FIA/CFA) to take on a senior leadership position within a major consultancy, supporting clients on insurance investment and ALM work.
In this highly responsible and visible role, you will win and deliver projects related to a broad spectrum of credit risk work, which may include:
- credit risk modelling (including capital modelling and validation);
- credit risk management;
- internal credit rating assessments;
- credit risk frameworks; and
- matching adjustment and illiquid assets.
You will also play a lead role in marketing activity for Insurance Investment & ALM, including thought leadership materials and presenting at both internal and external conferences.
With excellent consulting, interpersonal and leadership skills, the successful individual will have very strong knowledge of current and emerging hot topics in insurance investment & ALM, including credit risk, and illiquid assets.
Very strong knowledge of Solvency II – both in the UK and in Europe – also required, ideally as well as equivalent regulatory regimes, such as Bermuda.
A fantastic opportunity to a play a key part in delivering the strategic growth plans of a leading-edge firm.
Please contact us to discuss this vacancy or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals. We are very happy to perform bespoke research on your behalf.
Peter Baker, Partner
M: +44 7860 602 586
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
- +44 2037419500
6 London Street
New London House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert